Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yesterday you said tomorrow





Sometimes I think that if my children ever had to sum up my life as a mom it might be the title of this post.  "Yesterday you said tomorrow." We're all guilty of living that motto every now and then, (sometimes more now than then).   So we didn't get to the zoo like I said...  we didn't have time to stop for milkshakes... we didn't make it to the mall before it closed.  Of course, that was when my kids were little, nowadays the apologies involve money.  "Sorry... I didn't transfer money to your account...I didn't cash your check... I forgot to leave you gas money."  Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  The opportunities to mess up are endless.

We forget.  We have too many things taking up space in our brain.  We'll try to be better, right?  No point in beating ourselves up over it.  We're busy people.  So we all get a pass as far as I'm concerned.  But you know what is the one thing we don't get to take a pass on?  It's gratitude.  I found a quote a long time ago that made me gasp.  "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" Oh my.  What if?  

So in honor of Thanksgiving and just in case it ever becomes an issue, I want to say thank you to...

Vignette's wonderful, beautiful and inspiring customers.  I don't think there has ever been a day since we opened two years ago that I have not felt deeply blessed by the support you have given us.  We opened with a bang and it has not slowed down since.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Dianne, Emily, Lori and Pam -- the "shop girls".  Gosh.  You all are the best and you are adored.

Marybeth for jumping in feet first.  Your kind's my kind.  

Sean for the awesome store playlists. "If music be the food of love, play on..."(quote by Shakespeare, philosophy by Sean).

Nannette and Madeline for being such awesome neighbors.  Mississippi girls totally rock.

Finally...This is the most incredible community and we serve the best customers.  You inspire us to do more, be more and bring you more.  As Audrey Hepburn once said, "you are the hippest of cats..." Thank you friends.



Post Written by Lisa, owner of Vignette
vignettebrentwoodtn.com